Blog Archive

Monday, April 2, 2012

-:- weekend -:-

This weekend was busy but full of fun/family time.

My sweet Grandpa Haderlies birthday is today, he is 88. My Dad drove to Wyoming (where he lives) to pick him up and bring him down over the weekend to celebrate. He, James, and my Dad went to the priesthood session on Sat. On Sunday I cooked our annual ham (James receives one from work for Christmas each year; it is a tradition to cook it around Easter), cheese potatoes, deviled eggs, cookies, and baked beans. I know... I was feeling domestic/generous :) I cooked everything in crockpots... I swear by them. I used my handy dandy new crock pot cookbook for the ham and cheese potatoes. Fab. Seriously, everything I have cooked from there has been to die for.

For my cookies, I used my Grandma Haderlies recipe; my grandpa thought that wad really neat. He misses her. I love him and wish we were able to see him more, but I am so thankful for the times that we do. He is really excited about the Star Valley LDS temple.

Growing up, my Dad was raised in Star Valley. His Dad (my grandpa) owned/ownes farm land. My dad grew up milking cows, driving the tractor, you name it. When I was little, someof my favorite memories are of us snowmobiling on the land. My grandpa has since given portions of his land to his children; and the new temple is being built on a portion of the land! Really neat. Im excited to go through it once its built, all the while being able to look outside and remember all the fun times during my childhood.


Grandma's Cookies


Deviled Eggs. (I used this recipe and they were scrumptious)





No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones